If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
A Raisin in the Sun
Mar 17 - Apr 2 , 2017 • Theatre Charlotte
This landmark drama was one of the first on Broadway to examine African-American life on the cusp of the civil rights era and the first play written by a black woman to be produced on Broadway. Set on Chicago’s South Side, the plot revolves around the divergent dreams and conflicts within three generations of the Younger family. The tensions and prejudice they face mixed with the sacrifice, trust and love among the family and their heroic struggle to retain dignity in a harsh and changing world is a searing and timeless document of hope and inspiration. The New York Times hailed it as “the play that changed American theatre forever.”
The Friday, March 31 performance will be sign language interpreted.
Recommended for 12+.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
- Add to cal Mar 17 - Friday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Mar 18 - Saturday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Mar 19 - Sunday at 2:30pm
- Add to cal Mar 22 - Wednesday at 7:30pm
- Add to cal Mar 23 - Thursday at 7:30pm
- Add to cal Mar 24 - Friday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Mar 25 - Saturday at 8:00pm