If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
The moment the final round of golfers finished the first hole at the 2016 Wells Fargo Championship last summer, crews moved in to prepare Quail Hollow Club for the 2017 PGA championship. It’s been a whirlwind of activity since then as the course has gotten a substantial makeover.
In this Charlotte Observer event, get a behind-the-greens look at the years of preparation, lobbying and sharp vision it has taken to bring the PGA Championship to the Queen City this summer. Our panel will include:
- Businessman Johnny Harris, who as Quail Hollow Club president was instrumental in securing the PGA Championship\
- Johnson Wagner, professional golfer and three-time PGA Tour winner
- Ralph Breeden, chair of the local PGA organizing committee
- Jason Mengel, director of the PGA Championship
- National golf journalist Ron Green, Jr.
- Charlotte Observer columnist Scott Fowler, moderator
We’ll take a look at the course from a drone view to see the vast changes it has undergone. And we’ll get a glimpse into the leadership and business savvy it has taken to score such a prestigious tournament. At the end, we’ll open the conversation to the audience.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
- Add to cal May 16 - Tuesday at 7:00pm