If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
Jun 8 - 24 , 2018 • Matthews Community Center
- Regular - $19, Students & Seniors - $16, Children Under 10 - $13
Set in an island paradise during World War II, two parallel love stories are threatened by the dangers of prejudice and war. Nellie, a spunky nurse from Arkansas, falls in love with a mature French planter, Emile. Nellie learns that the mother of his children was an island native and, unable to turn her back on the prejudices with which she was raised, refuses Emile's proposal of marriage. Meanwhile, the strapping Lt. Joe Cable denies himself the fulfillment of a future with an innocent Tonkinese girl with whom he's fallen in love out of the same fears that haunt Nellie. When Emile is recruited to accompany Joe on a dangerous mission that claims Joe's life, Nellie realizes that life is too short not to seize her own chance for happiness, thus confronting and conquering her prejudices.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
- Add to cal Jun 8 - Friday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Jun 9 - Saturday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Jun 10 - Sunday at 2:00pm
- Add to cal Jun 15 - Friday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Jun 16 - Saturday at 8:00pm