If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
The Santaland Diaries
Dec 6 - 23 , 2017 • Hadley Theater at Queens University
- $25 - $44 - Adult Content & Language
THE SANTALAND DIARIES is a brilliant evocation of what a slacker's Christmas must feel like. Out of work, our slacker decides to become a department store elf during the holiday crunch. At first the job is simply humiliating, but once the thousands of visitors start pouring through Santa's workshop, he becomes battle-weary and bitter. Finding consolation in the fact that some of the other elves were television extras on One Life to Live, he grins and bears it, occasionally taking out his frustrations on the children and parents alike. The piece ends with yet another Santa being ushered into the workshop, but this one is different from the lecherous or drunken ones with whom he has had to work. This Santa actually seems to care about and love the children who come to see him, startling our hero into an uncharacteristic moment of goodwill, just before his employment runs out.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
- Add to cal Dec 6 - Wednesday at 7:30pm
- Add to cal Dec 7 - Thursday at 7:30pm
- Add to cal Dec 8 - Friday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Dec 9 - Saturday at 8:00pm
- Add to cal Dec 10 - Sunday at 2:30pm
- Add to cal Dec 13 - Wednesday at 7:30pm
- Add to cal Dec 15 - Friday at 8:00pm