If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
A Musical Showcase
Mar 20 , 2017 • Belk Theater
Pricing:$10 - $30
Created by Charlotte Concerts, A Musical Showcase will feature performances by 14 instrumental and choral ensembles from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools. Judges will be in the audience and will select three overall winners from the performing groups.
This inaugural awards ceremony will be emcee’d by Jordan Gross, former Carolina Panther offensive tackle, and will include performances by the following school ensembles:
- Alexander Graham Middle School: “Campana”
- Ardrey Kell High School: Wind Ensemble
- Community House Middle School: 8th Grade Band
- David W. Butler High School: Jazz Ensemble
- East Mecklenburg High School & Northwest School of the Arts: Women’s Chamber Choir
- McClintock Middle School: 8th Grade Advanced Chorus
- Providence High School: Chamber Winds
- South Mecklenburg High School: Chamber Orchestra
- Southwest Middle School: String Orchestra
- Torrence Creek Elementary School: Choir
- Waddell Language Academy: Chorus Club
- West Charlotte High School: Chorale Ensemble
- William A. Hough High School: “Howlin’ Huskies”
- Windsor Park Elementary: Windsor Park Orchestra
A Musical Showcase is possible, thanks to a generous challenge grant from The Leon Levine Foundation. This competition celebrates musical excellence and provides the opportunity for students and adults to realize that the discipline, self-motivation, and training involved with music endeavors and the joy derived from music truly change a person’s life.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
This event has already occured.