If you prefer to buy tickets over the phone, please call: 704.372.1000
Luminarium - Architects of Air by Alan Parkinson
Sep 16 - Oct 2, 2022 • Ballantyne Backyard
Pricing:Tickets are $5.00
A sensory experience of light, color, and sound
From the Guggenheim in Spain to the Sydney Opera House in Australia, the monumental and interactive walk-in sculptures of Architects of Air, designed by Alan Parkinson, have astounded audiences across the globe. Architects of Air have toured the luminaria since 1992 and visited 43 countries. The luminarium offers a dazzling maze of winding paths and soaring domes where Islamic architecture, Archimedean solids, and Gothic cathedrals meld into an inspiring monument to the beauty of light and color, and where visitors can happily lose themselves. The installation awakens all the senses, creating a sense of wonder and enchantment for all ages.
Visitors are transported and immersed into an amazing world of light and subtle and saturated hues, for a unique sensory experience, and brings visual art to places where you wouldn’t expect it. It is a paradox that such a stimulating environment can simultaneously be so calming and comforting. Many people find a luminarium a place for rest or meditation.
A mix of engineering and design, the luminarium invites you to wander, lie down, sit and enjoy the ambiance of light and space.
Please note that there is a "no shoes" policy inside of the Luminarium. You will be asked to remove your shoes before entering.
A limited number of advance tickets are available online for Luminarium - Architects of Air. Walk-up tickets will be able for purchase at our box office in Ballantyne's Backyard.
Click the calendar icon below to add the event to your calendar.
- Add to cal Sep 16 - Friday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 17 - Saturday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 18 - Sunday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 19 - Monday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 20 - Tuesday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 21 - Wednesday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 22 - Thursday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 23 - Friday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 24 - Saturday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 25 - Sunday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 26 - Monday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 27 - Tuesday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 28 - Wednesday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 29 - Thursday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Sep 30 - Friday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Oct 1 - Saturday at 9:30am
- Add to cal Oct 2 - Sunday at 9:30am